This Uno acrylic enclosure fits the Arduino Uno R3 and compatible boards including both the standard and SMD versions. The enclosure helps to protect the board while still providing access to the connectors and reset button.
It comes with the 2.4mm thick acrylic pieces and the hardware required to assemble the case and to mount the Arduino Uno or compatible board inside the enclosure. It does not come with the Uno board.
- 6 Clear acrylic pieces
- 4 sets of Arduino Uno mounting hardware
- 4 sets of enclosure fastening hardware
OUR EVALUATION RESULTS:
These Uno acrylic enclosures do the job, but can be a bit fiddly to assemble. Here are the basic steps to follow:
- Remove protective paper from acrylic pieces
- Place the Uno on the solid bottom piece and orient it so that the mounting holes line up so you know which way it goes.
- Insert the acrylic end piece that goes under the USB/DC jack into the bottom piece.
- Install the Uno board using the 4 short screws with acrylic washers under the board to space it up slightly. This is the fiddly part. You may find it easiest to insert the screws from the top or the bottom. I put the screws in from the bottom and then put a piece of cardboard behind them to hold them in place so I can put the base down with the screws facing up. Add acrylic washers and then put the board down over the screws. Lastly add the nuts loosely to hold everything together and then tighten the screws.
- Install the 3 remaining side pieces and then the final top piece making sure all the tabs and slots are lined up.
- Fasten the top to bottom pieces with the 4 long screws and 4 nuts.
|Material Thickness||2.4mm (0.1″)|
|Case Dimensions (L x W x H)||80 x 65 x 18mm (3.15 x 2.56 x 0.7″)|
|Country of Origin||China|