The Teensy 4.1 has full 10/100 Mbit Ethernet capability built in and the signals are brought out to 6 solder pads on the board. This kit provides all the hardware needed to connect an Ethernet cable up to the Teensy 4.1
- 1 Adapter PCB
- 1 Ethernet Magjack
- 2 6-pin 2×3 header, 2mm spacing
- 1 Capacitor, multilayer ceramic 0.1uF
- 1 Ribbon cable assembly 4.5″
Assembling the Kit
The kit is easy to assemble as all the parts are through-hole. All of the components are inserted on the side of the board with the component silkscreen outlines.
- Install and solder the ceramic capacitor where it says 0.1uF. Orientation does not matter
- Install one of the 6-pin headers and solder. Solder one pin and then verify the connector is fully seated. If it is not, reheat the solder joint and reposition the connector so it sits flat then solder the remaining pins.
- Install the MagJack and solder. The connector will lock into the board pretty well for soldering but it is always a good idea to solder one of the pins and verify connector alignment before soldering the rest of the pins.
- Install the second 6-pin header into the Ethernet location on the Teensy 4.1 board. Solder one pin and verify the connector is fully seated. If not, reheat the solder joint and reposition the connector so that it sits flat then solder the remaining pins.
Before they are shipped, these kits are: