Includes optional 8MB PSRAM and 16MB Flash installed and tested with all pins soldered.
- Teensy 4.1 w/ PSRAM, Flash, header pins and ethernet header installed
- Handy pinout diagram
The Teensy 4.1 has locations for optional 8MB PSRAM (SPI Serial RAM) and 16MB Flash (SPI Serial Flash) memory chips that can be installed by the user. These surface mount locations can be difficult to solder and many technical issues are eventually traced back to poor soldering on these components.
For those wanting these parts without the drama, we are offering a fully populated Teensy 4.1 with these chips preinstalled and tested.
In addition, all the other normal soldering like the selectively plated gold header pins is completed. We also add a gold plated 2×3 2mm Ethernet header for use with the optional Teensy 4.1 Ethernet kit since it is easiest to add it before adding the headers, thus making it fully ready to plug-n-play.
Once assembly is completed, we run test software which is a combination of the PJRC PSRAM and Flash test programs that thoroughly exercises these devices.
For full details on the Teensy 4.1, please refer to the Teensy 4.1 Product Page.
Before they are shipped, the Teensy 4.1 has:
- 8MB PSRAM chip is installed
- 16MB Flash chip is installed (2nd 8MB PSRAM can be optionally installed instead if customer requests)
- 2×3 2mm gold header for optional Ethernet connection is installed
- 1×24 (x2) selectively gold-plated male header pins are installed
- Board is cleaned of flux
- PSRAM and Flash chip test software is downloaded and run to verify correct chip operation
- Blink example is downloaded
- Packaged in high quality resealable ESD bag for safe storage.
|Microcontroller||NXP iMXRT0160 ARM Cortex-M7|
|Clock Speed||600MHz nominal (Optionally 24MHz to 1.008GHz w/ cooling)|
|QSPI PSRAM Chip Location||8MB PSRAM|
|QSPI Flash Chip Location||16MB FLASH|
|I/O Logic Levels||3.3V|
|5V I/O Compatibility||None|
|Output Pin Drive Current||10mA|
|DC Current that can be drawn from 3.3V Pin||250mA maximum|
|Operating Voltage||3.6 – 5.5V on VIN or VUSB pin|
|Typical Operating Current||100mA typical @ 600MHz|
|Built-in LED||Attached to digital I/O Pin 13|
|USB Connector Style||Micro-B Female|
|Board Dimensions (PCB)||61 x 18mm (2.4 x 0.7″)|
|Reference Manual||NXP IMXRT1060 Reference Manual|