The nRF24L01+ are RF transceiver modules that can be used for wireless communications. They operate at a voltage range of 1.9 – 3.6V for power. This nRF24L01 breakout adapter can be powered off 5V-12V and supplies well regulated 3.3V to the NRF24L01 socket. It also breaks out the pins for easier hookup and has a power on LED.
- nRF24L01 Breakout Adapter
KEY FEATURES OF nRF24L01+ BREAKOUT ADAPTER:
- 3.3V Voltage Regulator
- Power LED
The module has a 2-pin male header for making power connections.
1 x 2 Header (male)
- GND – Ground. Connect to ground on microcontroller or separate power supply if used
- VCC – 5-12V. May be powered off the 5V from the microcontroller or a separate power supply.
The module has a 1×6-pin male breakout header for making connections to the microcontroller.
1 x 6 Header (male).
- CE – Chip Enable. Sets whether module is in RX or TX mode.
- CSN – SPI Chip Select
- SCK – SPI Clock
- MOSI – SPI Slave Data Input
- MISO – SPI Slave Data Output
- IRQ – Maskable Interrupt
The adapter has a 2×4-pin female header that mates with the nRF24L01+ module. These pins mirror the connections made on the 1×6 header and 1×2 power header. Be sure to observe proper orientation when inserting the module into the adapter. The module extends off the end of the adapter and not over it.
Our Evaluation Results:
These modules work as expected and make working with the nRF24L01+ modules easier. For more detailed information on the nRF24L01 modules in general, checkout the module product page in the link below.
Before they are shipped, these modules are:
- Sample tested per incoming shipment
|Vcc||Input Range||5 to 12V (5V Typical)|
|Vcc||Output to female header||3.3V|
|Imax||without Module attached||<6mA|
|Dimensions||L x W (PCB)||26mm x 19mm (1 x 0.75″)|