This breadboard assembly with 3220 tie-points includes four 830 tie-point solderless breadboard strips mounted onto a steel powder coated plate. There are 5 power rails that have continuity their full length plus two more that run along the top to help distribute power.
- Fully assembled 3220 tie-point breadboard assembly (Model: ZY-208)
KEY FEATURES OF BREADBOARD ASSEMBLY WITH 3220 TIE-POINTS:
- 32200 total tie-points for making circuit connections
- Black powder coated steel bottom plate
- 4 binding posts for connecting external power
The breadboard is mounted to the black powder coated steel bottom plate with double-sided tape. Screws are inserted from the backside to ensure things stay firmly in place.
The plate has 4 binding posts for connecting external power and then running that power over to the breadboard. Connections can be made with banana plugs or by tightening the binding post down on bare wire.
These breadboards have a total of 3220 tie-points which accept 20 – 29AWG wire. It is best to error on the larger size wires (20-24AWG) when possible to ensure good connections. The tie-points have a standard 0.1″ (2.54mm) pitch.
Solderless breadboards work well for prototyping many low to moderate power, moderate frequency circuits such as is typically found when working with microcontrollers like the Arduino and peripheral sensor and control circuits, small linear power regulator circuits and similar. Solderless breadboards are not recommended for building high energy circuits like DC-DC converters or very high frequency circuits that depend on careful layout and grounding for the circuit to operate correctly. Those types of circuits are best built on solder type prototyping boards.
Before they are shipped, these modules:
- Have their cheesy little rubber feet replaced with large beefy rubber feet.
- Assembled, inspected and ready to go when you get it.
- These are designed to work with components such as IC’s that have standard 0.1″ spacing. Components with other lead spacing such as 2mm may work if the leads can be reformed to fit the 2.54mm pitch of the breadboard.
|Color||Off-White w/ black backing plate|
|Conductor Gauge||For making interconnects||20-29AWG|
|Grid Spacing||Adjacent tie-points||0.1″ (2.54mm)|
|Dimensions||L x W (Base Plate)||24 cm x 21 cm (9.5″ x 8.25″)|