This breadboard assembly with 1660 tie-points includes two 830 tie-point solderless breadboard mounted onto a steel powder coated plate for a total of 1660 connection points. There are 4 power rails that have continuity their full length.
- Fully assembled 1660 tie-point breadboard assembly (Model: ZY-204)
KEY FEATURES OF BREADBOARD ASSEMBLY WITH 1660 TIE-POINTS:
- 1660 total tie-points for making circuit connections
- Black powder coated steel backing plate
- 3 binding posts for connecting external power
The breadboard is mounted to the black powder coated steel bottom plate with double-sided tape. Screws are inserted from the backside to ensure things stay firmly in place.
The bottom plate has 3 binding posts for connecting external power and then running that power over to the breadboard. Connections can be made using banana plugs and/or by tightening the binding post down onto bare wire.
These breadboards have a total of 1660 tie-points that accept 20 – 29AWG wire. It is best to error on the larger size wires (20-24AWG) when possible to ensure good connections. The tie-points have a standard 0.1″ (2.54mm) pitch.
Solderless breadboards work well for prototyping many low to moderate power, moderate frequency circuits such as is typically found when working with microcontrollers like the Arduino and peripheral sensor and control circuits, small linear power regulator circuits and similar. Solderless breadboards are not recommended for building high energy circuits like DC-DC converters or very high frequency circuits that depend on careful layout and grounding for the circuit to operate correctly. Those types of circuits are best built on solder type prototyping boards.
BEFORE THEY ARE SHIPPED, THESE ASSEMBLIES:
- Have their cheesy little rubber feet replaced with large beefy rubber feet.
- Assembled, inspected and ready to go when you get it.
- These are designed to work with components such as IC’s that have standard 0.1″ spacing. Components with other lead spacing such as 2mm may work if the leads can be reformed to fit the 2.54mm pitch of the breadboard.
|Color||Off-White w/ black backing plate|
|Conductor Gauge||For making interconnects||20-29AWG|
|Grid Spacing||Adjacent tie-points||0.1″ (2.54mm)|
|Dimensions||L x W (Base Plate)||21.5 cm x 13 cm (8.5″ x 5.1″)|