This 5 foot long USB 2.0 Type-A to Micro-B cable includes both data lines and a built-in power switch. When the switch is OFF, the data lines remain connected.
- USB 2.0 Type-A to Micro-B Data Cable with Power Switch, 5-Ft
KEY FEATURES OF USB 2.0 Micro-B Data Cable with Power Switch:
- USB Type-A male connector fits standard PC, USB hub and similar ports
- USB Micro-B connector fits devices that use this connector, like Teensy, NodeMCU and similar devices
- 24 AWG power, 28 AWG signal conductors
- Black cable is shielded
- 5 foot length
- Meets USB 2.0 specification
We are offering this primarily for Teensy customers that need a way to disable power on the USB port when programming the Teensy while it is also powered by the VIN input to avoid possible damage. When the switch is off, the data lines remain active.
Wiring is 28WG for data and 24AWG for power. For this reason, you will find it advertised elsewhere as capable of handling up to 2.1A. While the wire can handle it, the switch has a 0.3 – 0.5 ohm resistance when on. To minimize voltage loss, we recommend using with loads under about 500mA if you need to keep the 5V within spec (4.75-5.25V).
If you run more current through it, you may want to keep an eye on the subsequent voltage drop. With Teensy this usually isn’t an issue since they can operate down to the 3.6V range.
- The switch as a location for a power LED, but it does not have one.
|1.5m (5 ft)