Our 3 foot long pair of 16 gauge silicone coated test lead wire is ultra flexible and perfect for making custom test leads.
- 3ft – Silicone Wire, 16 Gauge, Ultra Flexible, Red
- 3ft – Silicone Wire, 16 Gauge, Ultra Flexible, Black
KEY FEATURES OF SILICONE WIRE, 16 GAUGE, ULTRA FLEXIBLE:
- 16 AWG wire gauge handles high currents
- 252 strands of 0.08 mm tinned copper wire
- Silicone jacket rated to 600V, 200°C
- 3mm diameter
- Extremely flexible
These come in a pair of black and red wires, 36″ long each. They can be cut in half to make four shorter 18″ long test leads. This ultra flexible silicone wire is useful for making custom test cables that can handle a fair amount of current or have minimal voltage drop.
The wires use a very high 252 strand count of 0.08mm tinned copper wire to protect against corrosion and for easier soldering. This is a higher strand count than is found in most silicone wires of this gauge which increases its flexibility.
The silicone jacket is rated to 600V and a temperature of up to 200°C, so it won’t melt easily if you are soldering close to it. Silicone is softer than the PVC used on standard wire for increased flexibility.
Due to the very high strand count we recommend tinning the wire with solder if using a clamping type connection to avoid stray strands.
- For silicone wire in other lengths and gauges, check out our Cables & Wires section
|Colors||Red / Black|
|Temperature Range||-60 to 200°C|
|Outside Diameter||3.0mm (± 0.1mm)|