This roller lever endstop switch module is designed for use as an endstop for 3D printers but it can be used for other contact detection applications as well.
- Roller Lever Endstop Switch Module
- 80 cm cable
KEY FEATURES OF ROLLER LEVER ENDSTOP SWITCH MODULE:
- Good quality roller lever microswitch
- Use as travel limit switch on 3D printers or other contract detection applications
- 80 cm long 24AWG cable
- Red LED illuminates when switch is activated
- 3.3 and 5V logic compatible
The module was designed to detect travel limits for 3D printers, but they will work for many contact detection applications as well.
This module mounts a microswitch with a roller lever that rolls across the contact surface rather than scraping it as a normal lever can.
The output is normally pulled HIGH. When the beam is broken, the output is pulled LOW and a red LED on the module illuminates.
The module uses a 4-pin 2.54mm JST style connector. The other end of the cable terminates in a 3-pin female Dupont style connector that is compatible with a standard 2.54mm male header.
Note that the board is not labeled, but you can go by the cable wire colors to make connections.
- Red Wire = VCC (3.3 or 5V to match the uC.)
- Black Wire = Ground which should be common with the uC.
- N/C = Not connected, but is grounded on module side
- Green Wire = Signal output of the module. This pin is normally pulled HIGH via a 10K pull-up resistor. When the switch is depressed, the output goes LOW (shorted to ground).
The module has several large mounting holes.
OUR EVALUATION RESULTS:
Build quality is good on these modules.
These modules are mainly designed to provide a logic input to a uC for it to take action on, but they can also be used to directly control a relay or similar device. The LED has a 1K current limiting resistor, so voltage should be limited to 12V or so through the module.
BEFORE THEY ARE SHIPPED, THESE MODULES ARE:
- Sample inspected per incoming shipment
|Operating Ratings||Vcc Range||3.3 – 5VDC|
|Logic high||Pulled to Vcc|
|Logic Low||Pulled to Ground|
|Dimensions||PCB (L x W)||40 x 16mm (1.6 x 0.6)|
|Cable Length||80cm (31.5″)|