The LED Bi-Color 5 mm Module incorporates both a red and green LED in the same 5 mm package.
- LED Bi-Color 5 mm LED Module
KEY FEATURES OF LED BI-COLOR 5 MM MODULE:
- Red / Green 5 mm LED
The LED is a common cathode type. The cathode is connected to ground and the red and green LED pins should be connected to digital output pins. The LED will light when the digital output goes HIGH.
As with most LEDs, series current limiting resistors should be added between the digital pins and the LED to limit current to 20mA or less. Something around 250-470 ohms will work fine.
There is a 3-pin header on the assembly for making connections. There are a couple of different label schemes with these modules. See pics for clarification.
1 x 3 Header
- G / – = Ground
- R / Center pin = Red LED anode. Connects to digital output pin on uC
- Y / S = Green LED anode. Connects to digital output pin on uC
OUR EVALUATION RESULTS:
These modules are useful for adding a basic GO / NO GO indicator to a project.
There is a small on-board LED w/ resistor which is not functional in this setup.
BEFORE THEY ARE SHIPPED, THESE MODULES ARE:
- Basic output verified
- Packaged in a resealable ESD bag for protection and easy storage.
- This module is similar to or the same as the KY-011.
|Vcc||3.3V – 5V|
|IMax||Maximum Current Draw||< 20mA|
|Color LED 1||Red|
|Color LED 2||Green|
|Dimensions||L x W (PCB)||20 x 15mm (0.75 x 0.60″)|