The LDD-700 LED Driver 700mA is a compact constant current PWM dimmable driver for powering high power LEDs
- LDD-700H LED Driver 700mA
KEY FEATURES OF LDD-700H LED DRIVER 700MA:
- Compact encapsulated module
- 700mA constant current output for driving high power LEDs
- PWM dimming
- 6-50VDC Input
- Output voltage fixed at 3V lower than input voltage
These compact encapsulated drivers are designed to drive high power LEDs at a constant current of 700mA.
These devices are run off of an external DC power supply or a DC-DC converter and can accept 6-50V on the input. The output voltage is always 3V lower than the input voltage, so this should be matched with the LED drive requirements.
The output is PWM controllable and can be directly connected to a uC PWM output pin to control the brightness of the LEDs under software control. The PWM output of the driver is independent of the input PWM frequency and operates at 500 kHz to avoid any flicker concerns. The PWM input can range from 200 Hz to 1 kHz.
Module Pin Functions:
- +Vin = Connects to DC power supply positive voltage
- -Vin = Connects to DC power supply ground
- +Vout = Connects to LED +
- -Vout = Connects to LED –
- PWM DIM = PWM input for brightness control. Connect to PWM output on uC
Refer to the datasheet down below for the physical pin-out and other useful info.
When wiring up the module, be sure to take note that -Vout which connects to one side of the LED being driven IS NOT a ground connection. Be sure to not connect this pin to ground or to the -Vin pin or the module will be very unhappy.
OUR EVALUATION RESULTS:
Like all Mean Well products, these are high quality, very reliable parts. We have used these to drive a 5-channel COB LED array for reef aquarium use. A picture of the prototype which is being controlled by an Arduino Micro is shown in the picture gallery.
We sell the DIP pin version of the part which are breadboard compatible.
- When using with a uC, it is recommended to tie the PWM/DIM pin to ground with a 4.7K – 10K resistor to keep the driver OFF while the uC is powering on.
|Output||DC Voltage Range||2 – 52V|
|External Capacitance Load Max||2.2uF|
|Noise / Ripple (max)||200mVp-p|
|input||Voltage Range||6 – 56VDC|
|Efficiency (full load, 48V input)||95%|
|Protection||Short Circuit||Automatically recovers when fault removed|
|Operating Temp||-40°C ~ +85°C|
|Connection type||Solder pins|
|Dimensions||40.6 x 23.5 x 10mm (1.6 x 0.93 x 0.40″)|