The LCD1602 Acrylic Holder mounts a LCD1602 display module for easy viewing.
- 4 pieces acrylic (front face plate, 2 x side and base)
- 4 large screws and nuts for mounting display to front face plate
- 4 small screws and nuts for attaching sixes and base
OUR EVALUATION RESULTS:
We are a big fan of the LCD1602 LCD display for use in projects, but they do tend to dangle around in the breeze when working with them on the bench. This acrylic holder is attractive and mounts the LCD at a slight upwards angle for easy viewing.
A hole in the side of the holder allows I2C wires to pass through if using an LCD with the I2C interface and being a snug fit helps to keep things nicely attached.
Steps to Assemble
- Peel the protective paper layer off the acrylic pieces
- Mount the LCD to the large front acrylic piece using the 4 large screws and nuts. Do not tighten these screws down too firmly since there is an air gap between the LCD PCB and the acrylic and one or the other will start to bow. If you have extra M3 nuts, they can be double-nutted to keep things locked down.
- Install 2 of the small screws into the small holes located on either side of the front acrylic piece. Loosely add a small nut to each to keep it in place.
- Install the side piece with the slot cut into it for I2C on the left side of the LCD. Insert the tabs of the side piece into the front piece while guiding the small nut into the slot in the side piece. Snug the screw down but leave some wiggle room for now.
- Repeat for the other side piece.
- Install the remaining two screws into the holes in the 2 side pieces. Again loosely add the remaining 2 small nuts to hold them in place.
- Insert the bottom acrylic piece tabs into the slots on the side pieces while guiding the small nuts into position and snug them down to hold in place.
- Tighten all 4 of the small screws.
BEFORE THEY ARE SHIPPED, THESE MODULES ARE:
- Inspected for completeness
|W x H
|91 x 50mm (3.6″ x 2″)
|Depth front to back
|2.4mm Clear Acrylic