These are 1×4 single row stackable female / male headers.
- Qty 2 – Header Stackable 1×4
KEY FEATURES OF HEADER STACKABLE 1X4:
- 1×4 Female header with standard 2.54mm (0.1″) spacing
- 11mm long flat-bladed male pins for stacking into another female header
The male pins are designed to be soldered into a PCB with the pins extending through the PCB for mating with another female header below it.
The female header side mates with standard length male headers that are approximately 6mm long.
These are commonly used for making Arduino Shields or other applications where it is desired to allow 2 or more PCBs to be stacked on top of each other with these connectors providing vertical electrical connections between the assemblies.
When soldering these connectors onto a board, it is sometimes easiest if you insert the female connectors into male headers stuck into a solderless breadboard or similar in order to hold the connectors aligned during the soldering process.
- These strips can be cut into shorter lengths if needed using diagonal cutters, but at least one pin will be lost in the process.
- Male pins are the flat-bladed type (0.64mm x 0.4mm) which are easily bent during assembly and may not provide the most solid long-term contact with a female socket that expects a 0.64mm square pin.
|Pins||1 x 4 per strip|
|Pin Pitch||2.54mm (0.1″)|
|Pin Type||Female / Male stackable|
|Mounting||Thru-hole solder pins|
|Dimensions||Connector Length||11mm (.43″)|
|Connector Body Height||8mm (0.32″)|
|Male Pin Length||11mm (0.43″)|