These are 40-pin single row machined round female headers that can be snapped to the length required.
- Qty 1 – Header Machined Round Female 1×40 Break-Away
KEY FEATURES OF HEADER MACHINED ROUND FEMALE BREAK-AWAY:
- Machined round female pins with standard 2.54mm (0.1″) spacing
- Top socket accepts round pin headers, IC leads or smaller round component leads
- Bottom pins are PCB style 0.5mm dia x 3mm long
- Easily snap to desired length
- Tin plated with phosphor bronze contacts
These are the same machined round female pins that are used in higher quality IC sockets but with the advantage that they come in a break-away strip for making sockets of any size or if a SIP rather than DIP footprint is desired.
The bottom pins are designed to be soldered into a PCB such as a solder type proto board. The round female hole mates with machined round male headers, IC leads or most smaller round component leads like 1/4W resistor leads. They will also work with 22-24 AWG wire.
When soldering these headers onto a board, it can sometimes be helpful to preinstall the component like an IC before soldering the leads to help ensure the pins stay straight during the soldering process.
- You can’t put a square peg in a round hole so these won’t work with standard square header pins.
- Pins are not long enough to work in a solderless breadboard, but a socket on a solderless breadboard is redundant.
|40 per strip
|Tin pin, phosphor bronze contacts
|Female Socket (Dia)
|Accepts up to 0.6mm (0.024″)
|Pin Bottom (L x Dia)
|3.25x 0.50mm (o.13 x 0.020″)