This MEGA 2560 acrylic enclosure fits the Arduino Mega 2560 and compatible boards. The enclosure helps to protect the board while still providing access to the connectors and reset button.
It comes with the 3mm thick acrylic pieces and the hardware required to assemble the case and to mount the Arduino Mega 2560 or compatible board inside the case. It does not come with the Mega 2560.
- 6 Clear acrylic pieces
- 4 sets of Arduino Mega 2560 mounting hardware
- 4 sets of enclosure fastening hardware
OUR EVALUATION RESULTS:
These cases do the job, but can be a bit fiddly to assemble. Here are the basic steps to follow:
- Remove protective paper from acrylic pieces
- Place the MEGA 2560 board on the solid bottom piece and orient it so that the mounting holes line up in the 4 corners so you know which way it goes.
- Insert the acrylic end piece that goes under the USB/DC jack into the bottom piece.
- Install the MEGA 2560 board using the 4 short screws with acrylic washers under the board in the 4 corners to space it up slightly. This is the fiddly part. You may find it easiest to insert the screws from the top or the bottom. I put the screws in from the bottom and then put a piece of cardboard behind them to hold them in place so I can put the base down with the screws facing up. Add acrylic washers and then put the board down over the screws. Lastly add the nuts loosely to hold everything together and then tighten the screws.
- Install the 3 remaining side pieces and then the final top piece making sure all the tabs and slots are lined up.
- Fasten the top to bottom pieces with the 4 long screws and 4 nuts.
We have tried a number of different MEGA 2560 compatible boards. Due to small differences in the USB and power connector locations, in some cases it may be necessary to trim the acrylic slightly to clear these connectors. A box knife or similar sharp knife can be used to scrape the acrylic away on one edge should an interference fit exist.
|Material Thickness||3mm (0.12″)|
|Case Dimensions (L x W x H)||113x 65 x 11mm (4.45 x 2.56 x 0.43″)|
|Case Dimensions (with connector overhang)||116 x 65 x 20mm (4.57 x 2.56 x 0.80″)|